Monday, October 26, 2009

A Good morning to all...

Good morning and hello to all my friends out there! I hope you've been able to enjoy this wonderful month so far! I've just been trying to finish up a bit of settling in and have even had a guest already! My best friend came for a week, and as we hadn't seen each other in 2 years, it was a wonderful, but long overdue visit. Other than that, my dear husband and I have been trying to get onto some kind of workable schedule. Now that most of his squadron has finally moved to Norfolk, we are hoping that they will be able to settle on more definite work hours and such. I've been wanting to find a job and get enrolled in school, but as we only have one vehicle currently and haven't been sure of what hours the dear husband would be working, it's been nigh impossible to do such. The family all seems to be doing as well as usual, though an uncle of mine did have to go into surgery. He came through it fine and though he has a long recovery road ahead of him, we believe he'll make a full return to sound health. I have also been trying to keep up with my reading and just finished D.H. Lawrence's, " Lady Chatterley's Lover". I enjoyed it and am currently on to "Far from the Madding Crowd", by Thomas Hardy. Haven't yet made any friends here, but I've been looking at meetup.com for some interest groups, as a way to get out and meet people. I'm supposed to attend a knitting group on Wednesday and am looking forward to learning to knit and hopefully making some new friends. There is also a literary group, that I am interested in, but we shall wait and see how it all turns out. I must admit that when we first moved into this area, I was not fond of it at all; I have however grown to like it and even with all the little flaws and dings, I love our little home. I'll have to try to post some pictures I've taken of the fall color from around here! Unfortunately, I hear some dishes calling my name, so I will take my leave for now. Hope all is well with you and know you are all never far from my thoughts! If I don't write again before then....HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

No comments: