Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My thoughts on this fall day

I have to start out by saying that today has been absolutely gorgeous here! There was a bit of cloud cover this morning, but it melted away early and left us with a vibrant blue sky. I've not been up to one darn thing today either...I needed a brake! Most the morning, I spent contemplating how wonderfully made this old world of ours is and admiring God's handiwork. This afternoon, when I haven't found myself staring out at the sun-dappled tree leaves, I've been catching up on face book and doing a spot of reading. A palpable sense of serenity has blanketed me all day and it leaves me feeling so very grateful. There are loads of trouble and care that we are often asked to carry and I think too often we forget to simply release them for awhile, stand up, shake ourselves off, and just admire the constant swirl and dance of life around us. Tomorrow, I may be neck deep in something I don't think I can take, but for now...in this moment, I am happy. Life is beautiful! I hope that whatever you have going on in your life right now, you are able to take a precious few moments to part the worries and see the beauty that is always waiting for us. Have a wonderful rest of the day and God bless!

3 comments:

Carmen said...

Hi there! It's been a while. What a nice post though! I haven't had a lot to say lately either...too busy with other things. Glad to hear all is well with you!

Angie Ledbetter said...

Yes, take a break, stop and smell the roses.

Kathryn Magendie said...

I have been a bad kat and not been by to visit in a while!