Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Book Q & A

Alright, so I acknowledge that I just did a Q&A type post, but I saw this one on a blog that I follow and decided to give it a try.
1. What author do you own the most books by?
Surprisingly it would be Louis L'Amour. I got most of my little collection from my grandfather, so they've not only been fun reads, but cherished keepsakes. After him would be Ray Bradbury.
2. What book do you own the most copies of?
Well, this one is tough...I've got several books that I have duplicate copies of.
3. Did it bother you that both those questions ended with prepositions?
No, I don't think it did, considering that I ended my answer in such a manner!
4. What fictional character are you secretly in love with?
Alright I'll admit it, I've always had a bit of a thing for Prince Andrey from Tolestoy's, "War and Peace".

5. What book have you read the most times in your life?
Oh this one is a hard one....I've read several, many, many times....if I had to guess though...it would probably be..."Dandelion Wine" by Ray Bradbury. I LOVE that book!
6. Favorite book as a ten year old?

I'd have to guess that was probably, "The Giver"
7. What is the worst book you’ve read in the past year?
The worst is one that I don't even remember the title to, because I only got part of the way in and realized that I did not like it at all!
8. What is the best book you’ve read in the past year?
At first thought, I believed this was going to be a hard question to answer, but I quickly realized that the best book I've read this year has to be, "Sophie's World".
9. If you could force everyone you know to read one book, what would it be?
I'd never actually force anyone to read anything, but I would and do suggest that everyone read "Sophie's World". It's a wonderful book on the history of philosphy, but written in novel form. It opened my mind to new possiblities and I believe it would make for a great discussion!
10. What book would you most like to see made into a movie?
Now this is a hard one....if they could capture the true essence of the book, I think I would like to see "Dandelion Wine" made into a movie.
11. What is the most difficult book you’ve ever read?

Nothing actually comes to mind for this question.
12. What is your favorite book?
I really can't choose just one, but some of my favorites include: "Dandelion Wine", "Sophie's World", "Henry and June", " The Brothers Karamazov", and " Jane Eyre".
13. Play?

"The Taming of the Shrew"-I've always loved how sassy Kate was!
14. Poem?

Almost anything by Wordsworth.
15. Essay?
I don't really have a favorite essay that springs to mind right now.
16. Who is the most overrated writer alive today?
I know that I'll probably offend some of you with this, but Stephen King. I've never been able to really enjoy any of his work.
17. What is your desert island book?
See now this is not only a tough one, but also a loaded question....hmmm I'll have to let you know!
18. And . . . what are you reading right now?
I just started reading "Lorna Doone".

No comments: