Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Saying Thank-you and many more...

This post marks the 100th time I have sat down and typed in a few words, added some pictures, and sent it out into the great wide world of the internet. I hope that along the way I've been able to entertain you, caused you to pause for thought, or just brought a smile to your face. May my next 100 posts be filled with the joys and sorrows of a full life! To celebrate and as my way of saying thank-you for sticking around to read my randomness, I thought I'd invite you all over to my little corner of cyber-world to enjoy a cup of coffee(or tea) and a piece of my favorite, Black Magic Cake.

BLACK MAGIC CAKE

2 cups sugar

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour

3/4 cup cocoa

2 tsp. baking soda

1tsp baking powder

1 tsp salt

2 eggs

1 cup strong black coffee

1 cup of buttermilk

1/2 cup vegetable oil

1 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2 9" in. pans. In a large bowl blend sugar, flour, cocoa, soda, powder, and salt. Add eggs, coffee, buttermilk, oil, vanilla, and beat on medium speed with an electric mixer for 2 minutes. Batter will be very thin. Pour into prepared pans and bake 30 to 35 minutes for round pans, 35 to 40 for rectangular. Cool 10 minutes and then remove from pans to wire racks.

* I sometime substitute orange extract for the vanilla and also will put in a little coconut and orange zest.

I hope you all know how wonderful I think you are and how sincerely I do appreciate all the kind words you have sent me! This wouldn't be half as much fun without you! So please kick back, sip your coffee or tea, and just enjoy the sweetness of life!

3 comments:

Kathryn Magendie said...

Oh dear lawd, but I want a piece of that cake right now!

Happy 100th -- thank you for being who you are....*smiling*

DUTA said...

100 is quite a number!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! and enjoy the cake.

Angie Ledbetter said...

Congrats and many more! That cake looks killer -- coffee and chocolate?! Gonna have to try it.