Tuesday, June 2, 2009

TAG YOU'RE IT!!

Sandy aka Doris the Great at http://newfie-girl.blogspot.com/,tagged me the other day so I thought I would have some fun with it and here is what I came up with....
SIX INFORMATIVE THINGS ABOUT ME....
1. I have a hunger to learn that runs deeply in me. I always enjoyed school(well except for algebra class and P.E.) ,but I do realize that you can't learn the most important lessons of life from a book(or can you...I know a couple of books that have helped to change my points of view...hmmm...good discussion topic...). I try to live each day in the attempt to learn something new and only wish that I had a greater capacity for remembering things!
2. I am a certified bibliophile! Ever since I first learned to read, books have been so very important to me. Moving often and being a shy- natured child, books served as friends that never left me and as portals of escape into other times, dimensions, and worlds. I can't seem to get enough of them!
3. I am the oldest of three girls. My middle sister, Mary, is two and a half years younger than I, and my baby sister, Sara, is nine years younger than I. Growing up, I had a closer relationship with Sara, but unfortunately, at the moment, I'm not as close to either of them as I would like to be. However, both of my sisters are beautiful, strong, young women and I admire what they have accomplished and am certain that they will both go far in life!
4. I have always loved to sing and I think I'm decent at it. Ever since I can remember, I have sung and was in choir from kindergarten through the middle of my junior year. I only left choir because the school I transferred to, did not have one. I recently joined the choir at my church and have really been enjoying a time of fellowship and song. Which reminds me...I've got choir practice tonight!!
5. Even though I almost always start out early, I'm usually late. I don't really know how this happens, but if I had to take a guess, it would probably be the simple fact that I end up wasting away the saved up minutes and hence becoming late. I don't desire to be late and feel that it leaves others with the impression that I think my time is more important than the time they have set aside for me, and it really isn't like that at all. It's something that I am having to work on.
And finally because Sandy asked for at least one embarrassing fact here goes:
6. I have to wax my upper lip, chin, and eyebrow. Yes, it's true...I have to, otherwise I end up looking like I have a more of a mustache than my husband, eyebrows from the stone-age, and just the beginnings of a beard. I know it is a side affect of having PCOS, but it's still embarrassing! I mean come on...who wants to be able to grow a better mustache than their husband???!!
And now for the people that I choose to tag:
Everyone that follows my blog
HAVE FUN!!

3 comments:

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Good ones Anita; thanks for taking part and including an embarassing one. And you know, there are lots of us out there who need a good waxing! You're certainly not alone. I just starting doing my lip at home. And now that my eyesight has gotten worse, sometimes it's a little like Sherwood Forest up there. Oh dear! The things we have to hide!!

Angie Ledbetter said...

Endometriosis does the same thing with the unwanted hair. Hey, if things get tough, we can work as bearded ladies in the traveling carnival. LOL

Carmen said...

Great list Anita! I love to read too...only I pace myself, or else the rest of life kind of disappears on me. I am also the oldest of three and I like to sing and can keep a tune...but no longer sing in a choir. However, I like to sleep in until 8'ish and then get angry at myself for being lazy. Go figure! I have hypothyroidism, so my facial hair is thinning out...however I can grow a forest on my legs that any man would be proud of (if they were his)...but I shave it regularly. Have a good day! =)