Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Gotta Love Those Late Night Art Finds



I can't seem to fall asleep tonight, so I thought I'd stroll to the computer room and take a turn at browsing the web. Faced with my desktop background, I found it dull and lacking inspiration; so off I ventured , seeking something unique. Where, who, and what to look for though??? I wanted something fresh, engaging. Thanks to Google, I stumbled upon Ilya Repin's work and was fascinated, but even more pleasantly shocked when I found the painter whose work is displayed here. Her name is Zinaida Serebriakova and from the paintings that I've had the pleasure of surveying, her work is utterly prodigious! I have not yet had the opportunity to research more about her life, but do know that she was born in what is now the Ukraine and that she was heiress of a rather artistic family. There is a luminosity and enticement in the faces of her portraits and I could sit for hours, lost in the time and space of her work.

No comments: