Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A New Project For Me

The other day I stopped into our Navy Exchange and browsed a bit, when I noticed a very cute wreath hanging up. I inquired as to how much it was and was a little taken aback when the floral clerk informed me of a price tag of $50! However much I might have liked it...I didn't like it $50 worth! So, when I went to Wal-Mart a couple of days later, I checked out the small craft section and even though there wasn't much to choose from, I grabbed a couple things of silk flowers and the grapevine wreath and determined to try to create something myself. I had intended to use these pretty, bright, pink and yellowish flowers along with a couple of the greenish ones and the hydrangeas, but somehow it took on a life of it's own and I think it came out better than I could have hoped for and all for about $14+tax. Not only was it pretty bargain priced, but I also have the satisfaction of knowing that I made it and there isn't another anywhere just exactly like it! So what do you think???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is gorgeous and all for a great price!

Joanne said...

Very pretty, it's nice to put your own flair on the wreaths. Hydrangeas are always a great choice, too!