Thursday, April 30, 2009
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Sunday, April 26, 2009
I've been thinking about my family love stories lately and the one that my great-grandparent's had has always stuck with me. We called my great-grandparents Oomaw and Oompaw and two more devoted people you never could find. Oomaw ended up having to be in a nursing home a good many years, at the end, and Oompaw would get in his little truck, every single day and head up there to spend the whole day with her. He couldn't bear the thought of his " Little Nancy" needing him and he not being there for her. My grandparents love story was one of equal love and devotion, but that's a tale for another day.
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Friday, April 24, 2009
1. The dear husband hopefully coming home around the first part of next month.
2. Celebrating our 8th Anniversary together around the end of next month.
3.Finishing reading Tender Graces, because I can hardly put that book down!
4.Hopefully getting to spend my sister's birthday with her and the rest of our family.
5.Seeing the new X-Men movie that comes out on the 1st of May(yeah I know I'm a nerd, but I'm really okay with that:)
6. Going back to the beach with the dear husband and our dogs
7.Getting more plants for our little flower bed
8.Visiting the bookstore again for more books and a cup of their delicious coffee!!
Eight things I did yesterday:
1.Watered all my plants and made sure they got sprayed with the solution I'm using to make sure they don't have spider mites
2.Ran to the grocery store and picked up some more supplies to get me through till next payday...honeybun anyone???
3.Came home to find my copy of Tender Graces had arrived and promptly started reading it
4. Played with my dogs and their new chew toys(okay so what if Bronson likes to carry around his sister's pink little heart while she goes after his duck...their just toys right??!!)
5. Called up my mom crying because I just missed my husband so much and I needed to talk to someone about it
6. Determined to call up my mother-in-law and get the recipe for the Rhubarb pie the dear husband loves so much, but then forgot to actually do it!(today...today I swear!)
7.Watched the birds eating the grass seed I put down a couple days ago( >.<)
8. Read Tender Graces till I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer and went to sleep( Yeah it's just that good!)
Eight TV shows I watch:
1. Ghost Hunters
2.Though it isn't actually a T.V. show, rather a channel, I do watch a bit of TCM
3.Extreme Makeover- Home Edition( I love how they help people out)
4.John and Kate Plus 8
6. Local news.
7. King of the Hill
8. That 70's Show
Eight things I wish I could do:
1. Go back to school...I really would like to get a better education.
2. Decide just what I want to get an education in and what career path I would like to follow.
3. Learn to play either the violin, the piano, or the guitar.
4. Lose all the weight I need to just by squeezing my eyes really tight and saying, " I think I can, I think I can."
5. Push myself to work more on improving my drawing and painting skills
6. Learn to forgive people for hurts that happened in the past and to put all the anger and frustration that still exists, to rest for good.
7. To be able to find something that I am so passionate about that I am able to not let it just fall by the wayside like I do with so many things.
8. To not feel like I have to hide what I think and who I am from people because I'm so afraid of them rejecting me and turning their backs on me.
Anyways, I hope you all have a great weekend!!
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Monday, April 20, 2009
Saturday, April 18, 2009
You can call up your grandmother(or mother...friend...distant auntie..whoever)
And wish them a very Happy Birthday(Happy 78th Birthday Memaw!!!)....
You can finally start working on that puzzle you always ment to get around to, but didn't for who knows whatever reason...
You can go ahead and water the plants and the yard because that rain that was promised to be here( and even if it has been cloudy) you still haven't gotten...
You can even go ahead and dead-head your poor rose-bushes because you keep hoping they won't die on you....
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Friday, April 10, 2009
Thursday, April 9, 2009
What are you planning to do for Easter??
Monday, April 6, 2009
Friday, April 3, 2009
I also finally gave into the temptation and bought a pretty plant for next to my front door. Eventually, I want to get about 6 more planters like the one in the picture and line my front walk with them.
While I'm thinking about it, I want to send out the reminder that the deadline for my giveaway is April 6, 2009. All you have to do is email me once with your email address and on the 6th, I'll use a random number generator to pick the winning number.
I think I'm going to spend most of this weekend getting caught up on the house cleaning that I've been putting off and I might take the pups to the beach.
What have ya'll got planned for this weekend??? Whatever it is I hope it'll be at least some fun for ya!