Friday, January 23, 2009


I'm feeling a little blue at the moment...like I'm searching for some kind of validation and coming up short. My husband spent the evening out, which I wanted him to do, but it left me sitting here alone...with time on my hands...I always have time on my hands. I should have used the time constructively and gotten more things ready for the move, but I just needed a break from all that. I had a luxurious nap, for an hour or two, tried to get myself back into the novel I'm reading, and ended up sitting here....lost...Called up a friend to see if they were still on for our outing tomorrow evening, but no such luck...postponement please...our regrets...how about another time??? It isn't as if I'm not used to life's disappointments or think they shouldn't happen to me...but I'm frightfully lonely and totally bored with my own company. If I were a writer...my prose would be there to sustain me...or an artist...my brushes and my paint could inspire me...a musician...the melodies...the notes...they'd clash and bang and fill this void with something...anything....Instead, there's this life-starved, half-existant someone looking down an endless hall of heavy fog and feeling stifled by the very atmosphere she breaths. So yeah, I guess you could say... I'm feeling a little blue...

No comments: