Tuesday, January 13, 2009


It was supposed to be just, " another book" to read, when I first picked up a copy of Anais Nin's, "Henry and June". I'd heard of Anais before, but had never really gotten around to reading any of her work. I think that I was at a point in my life, that allowed her words to reach me on a deeper level than they might otherwise have. I opened the book, started to read, and fell madly, passionately, head-over-heels in love. Here was a woman that, for the most part, epitomized the very kind of woman that I wanted to be. Passionate, adventurous, artistic, strong. There was a beauty and a truth in her words, that called out to me...that made me want to rise above the oridinary, safe existance that I was living, and to take chances...to find who I was and what I wanted. Yes, it is a very erotic book, but at the same time...well, I don't exactly have the gift of being able to give full expression to the complex emotions she evokes. I will always view, "Henry and June" as a pivotal, emotional, altering experience. I don't know what it is about her, but Anais has thoroughly entranced, ensorcelled, and enchanted me. I am in love and it is enough!

No comments: